Makers Mini Market at Broadgate with Bethan Laura Wood
Announcing more detail on our next project at Broadgate which launches this Wednesday, 4th October 2017… In an exciting first, Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate will become home to a pop-up mini market hosted by up-and-coming local London designers and artists. This is the second phase of the programme that the team at Produce UK have been commissioned to create as part of Broadgate’s ‘Shaped By Design’ season.
At the helm of this project is internationally lauded product designer Bethan Laura Wood, who we have brought on board to curate the Makers Mini Market and to ensure that it will celebrate the unrivalled wealth of independent talent in the East London artistic community. Bethan was awarded the Swarovski Emerging Talent Award in 2016 – you can read more about her here.
What? Makers Mini Market curated by Bethan Laura Wood
Where? Finsbury Avenue Square, Broadgate
Dates: 4th-7th Oct
At the Mini Maker’s Market visitors will be able to explore an unique mix of bespoke pop-up stalls and get involved in workshops whilst discovering the talented names that are likely to transform the worlds of interiors, fashion and art over the next decade.
• Kim Thome – London based Norwegian designer making objects, spaces and installations
• Beth Postle – London based print and textiles designer
• Tino Seubert – London based product, furniture & spatial designer
• Harry Evans – London based designer selling T-shirts and small accessories
• Silo Studio – London based design studio formed by Attua Aparicio and Oscar Wanless, experimenting with materials and processes to find new ways of making things
You can find out more about each of the designers participating and the rest of the Broadgate ‘Shaped By Design’ season by clicking here.
More news to enjoy
By Lee Baker
A.S. Velasca are an unusual Milanese football club to say the least. Their president Wolfgang Natlacen is a conceptual artist and began the football squad as an ongoing artwork,…
By Sofia Dawe
The Produce UK team is proud to announce the launch of its Autumn campaign at Broadgate, Shaped By Design. British Land has commissioned us to develop and deliver a…